ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - (Lifestyle Store) - Palo Alto, CACode: Palo Alto / ASM - StylCarOrganization: Michael KorsLocation: Palo Alto, CA
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER REPORTS TO: Store Manager
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE:
Assist Store Manager in management and daily operation of the store, including sales, customer service, operations and administration, communication, marketing and merchandising. Ability to assume the responsibilities of the Store Manager in his/her absence.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES SALES GENERATION
- Meet personal and store sales goals
- Assist in the tracking, monitoring, and communication of business results
- Ensure an elevated level of sales and service is practiced by all associates; lead by example
- Continue to develop personal sales techniques and assist in the development of associates’ sales techniques to maximize sales
- Ensure all sales related policies and procedures are maintained
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise, and develop product knowledge among selling staff
- Maintain a keen interest in the fashion industry and market trends CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service
- Build and maintain repeat clientele by utilizing personal client book and assisting staff with utilizing their client books
- Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
- Assist sales associates with various customer service issues (i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise) OPERATIONS
- Collaborate with store manager in areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, and inventory management
- Support and assist in staff training in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
- Understand and properly execute all management register functions
- Participate in inventories
- Understand and execute cash control procedures including: bank deposits, safe funds, petty cash MERCHANDISING/VISUAL
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of all merchandising/ visual directives
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times • Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal HUMAN RESOURCES
- Assist in the recruitment, training and development of staff
- Assist in ensuring the integrity of payroll and the payroll process
- Continually evaluate the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
- Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
- Support and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars etc.
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
- Sales Supervisor(s)
- Stock Supervisor(s)
- WORK EXPERIENCE Minimum 3 years retail experience with 1-2 years specialty management.
- TO APPLY: Online profiles are not accepted for this company.
- Please send your resume to: EMAIL: Dung.Bui@MichaelKors.com
- Please reference the job title in the subject line.